Date Posted: 3/1/2018
Type of Employment: Full-Time
We are seeking a Production Supervisor to join our Waverly, IA team. This position will be key leader in our organization and will coordinate production activities, lead employees to achieve established goals, and resolve department concerns. If you are a motivated leader who is committed to quality results and employee development, consider applying for this challenging career opportunity.
- Coordinate production activities including employee schedules, work distribution, resource allocation, and equipment utilization as well as develop and monitor department budget
- Lead and manage employees by communicating department goals, administering established rules, and holding employees accountable to performance and production expectations
- Proactively resolve department concerns relating to excessive waste, quality non-conformance, or other actions that negatively impact production and drive continuous improvement initiatives within the department
- Uphold company quality standards and safety requirements while maximizing efficiency and productivity levels
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of UEA products and applications
- Associates degree or higher in Operations, Management, Engineering or a related field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with supervisory responsibilities or the combined equivalent of education and experience required
- Professionalism, excellent communication and multitasking abilities are essential to manage staff and handle shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Computer proficiency with a manufacturing ERP system, Excel, and MS Office is required
- Critical thinking, mechanical aptitude, and root-cause analysis skills are necessary to handle and resolve production concerns
- Strong background in Lean Manufacturing, ISO:9001, and Six Sigma highly preferred
You can also submit your application at our office.
Return to Careers