Date Posted: 12/15/2017
Type of Employment: Full-Time
United Equipment Accessories - a leader in the custom design and manufacturing of quality, motion application components and products, is currently seeking an Mechanical Design Engineer for our manufacturing facility in Waverly, Iowa. This position is responsible for the development of innovative, high quality, and reliable products to satisfy our customer’s motion application needs while integrating technical and economic factors, feasibility, time and cost limitations.
The other key responsibility for the Mechanical Design Engineer is to provide superior technical support and service to current and potential customers, assessing product and service requirements throughout the sales process including installation recommendations or technical assistance, as required, and travel to customer sites, exhibits, tradeshows, and other events – both nationally and internationally.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, experience and education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated success in design creation and prototype development for new applications as well as product improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Ability to effectively work independently, with customers, production department, and other Engineers.
- Strong computer skills - experience with 3D drawing and modeling software; Solid Works and MS Office applications experience is necessary.
- Excellent written, documentation and plan writing skills are essential.
- Good verbal presentation and interpersonal skills required for constructive internal and customer communication.
- Demonstrated experience with root cause analysis, sound judgment and effective decision making ability as well as implementing corrective actions designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Fluency in a foreign language is a plus.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit plan, which includes Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, life and AD&D Insurance, 401(k) plan with match, Profit Sharing plan, and more.
You can also submit your application at our office.
Return to Careers